Fall is my favorite season and I think it's the best time to visit campus and Vermont because there's so much to do and see. This Saturday, October 10th, we have our first open house of the school year and you should be there because you can...
1. Meet the students. Campus will be buzzing with activity and students enjoying the beautiful fall weather. On any given fall weekend, you can find students out and about. It's a great time to get a feel for the people here and see how friendly we really are.
2. See campus at it's prettiest. I don't think there is anything better than fall in Vermont. The leaves have started changing and the views are better than ever. The air is crisp and the weather is not too hot and not too cold.
3. Catch a sports game afterwards. Catch the Women's Tennis Senior Day match at 12PM or the Men's Soccer game at 1PM at Duffy Field this Saturday after the open house! Athletics are a huge part of St. Mike's and you can find a bunch of students at every game filled with school spirit. Interested in playing a sport at St. Mike's? Watching a game and then contacting the coach is the best way to show your interest!
4. Explore the area. One of the best things about SMC is it's location. We are in a beautiful state with so much to offer, and you should take advantage of it while you visit! Take a hike or walk on the Burlington bike path after the open house. Mt. Philo is a beautiful hike on the shorter side with amazing views. If you're up for more of a challenge, check out Camel's Hump, my personal favorite hike in the area. You can always find students taking advantage of our beautiful surroundings, so why not check it out now?!
|View along the trail of Jay Peak|
5. Explore Burlington. No visit to campus is complete without a trip downtown into Burlington. Church Street is bustling on any given fall weekend, come check it out for yourself! Grab a late lunch or dinner at one of the many restaurants downtown, and see why everyone raves about the food.
|Grab a classic apple cider donut from The Doughnut Dilemma and enjoy down at the Burlington Waterfront!|
|Try out a caramel apple from Lake Champlain Chocolates|