Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Refreshing Weekend

I spent this weekend on a island on Lake Champlain with thirty of my new rugby teammates, and our coach, for a rugby retreat at Saint Anne's Shrine.  It was a weekend full of team bonding and uncontrollable laughter, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.  Our team is truly a family and I feel more supported and accepted than I ever have during my time at Saint Mike's after this weekend.

I spent so long trying to find my niche at this school, and I finally feel like I've found my place and my people.  And what an amazing feeling it is! It's very hard for me to pick my favorite moments from the weekend because the entire experience was just amazing.  We spent some time learning more about the game of rugby, sharing our own personal stories with our teammates, and coming together as a team.  

The beautiful sunset over Champlain our first night




No comments:

Post a Comment