Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Adventuring in Vermont

This weekend, instead of waking up at the crack of noon on Saturday morning and rolling out of bed for a lazy Alliot brunch like usual, my alarm went off at 6:30 AM. Madness? Maybe, but I didn't even need coffee because my adrenaline kicked in.  It was adventuring day!  My friends and I had signed up for the school shuttle to Smugglers Notch and we were ready to enjoy a long, fun day on the mountain with our season passes.  It was my first time at Smuggs and I was beyond excited!!

The bus ride to the mountain was absolutely gorgeous.  We twisted and turned up and down windy back roads with amazing views.  Vermont is one awesome place to live if you ask me! We have the vibrant city of Burlington right next to us here at St. Mike's, but also the mountains at our fingertips.  There are so many places around us to explore and be outside, and I have barely even begun to experience all the opportunities awaiting me.

The weather was perfect and we had a blast.  There's just something about being on the top of a mountain that completely clears my head.  Whether it's hiking, skiing, rock climbing, going for a quick walk, or any other outdoor activity of your choice; being outside always finds a way to lift your mood.  Everything's clearer in mountain air!

Starting the day off on Morse Mountain
Selfies on the lift up to the summit of Madonna
You can't have a bad day looking at this! You just CAN'T!
Get out there and explore! Try something new, leave your comfort zone, appreciate the little things, and immerse yourself in nature and your life. It's well worth the view. 

Until my next adventure,

Delaney 

No comments:

Post a Comment